Taking advantage of the opportunity to play some Dropkick Murphys during a yoga class, I added a few Irish musicians to this week's playlist. You can listen to the playlist on Spotify by clicking here. The only song I coudn't find on Spotify is the beautiful "The Lady of Shalott" by Loreena McKennitt, which I played during savasana. Enjoy!
- Into the Mystic, by Van Morrison
- Lovely Day, by Bill Withers
- Canyons, by Instant Empire
- The Wolves, by Ben Howard (and check this out if you haven't seen it yet!)
- Four (featuring Reese Weil), by Plan B
- If So, by Atlas Genius
- Sloppy Seconds, by Watsky
- One Day / Reckoning Song (Wankelmut Remix), by Asaf Avidan and the Mojos
- I'm Shipping Up to Boston, by the Dropkick Murphys
- Bad Girls, by M.I.A.
- Money on the Clock, by Oddisee
- If I Ever Leave This World Alive, by Flogging Molly
- Feel It All Around, by Washed Out
- Need Your Love (featuring Ray Dalton), by SOL
- Won't Let You Leave, by Jenny O.
- Where Are You Now, by Mumford and Sons
- The Lady of Shalott, by Loreena McKennitt
And here is the quote I shared during this week's classes:
"When we find ourselves devoid of passion and purpose, the first thing we need to do is stop. But that's not easy. The rest of the world is zooming by at full speed. Left alone with ourselves, without a project to occupy us, we can become nervous and self-critical about what we should be doing and feeling. This can be so uncomfortable that we look for any distraction rather than allowing ourselves the space to be as we are." -- Dawna Markova