Sunday, April 4, 2010

Yoga Playlist


Following are some of my current favorites for when I'm teaching or practicing at home.  These are in no particular order.
  • Your Rocky Spine, by Great Lake Swimmers
  • I Know I'm Not Alone, by Michael Franti and Spearhead (probably my all-time favorite M. Franti song)
  • Islands, by The xx (I'm quite enjoying the entirety of their first album)
  • More Than Life, by Whitley (such a great song for balancing series)
  • I Go to the Barn Because I Like..., by Band of Horses
  • Land Rights, by Xavier Rudd (almost all of his songs make great yoga songs)
  • Time Will Tell, by Bob Marley and The Wailers
  • Golden, by My Morning Jacket
  • Makambo, by Geoffrey Oryema (I could listen to this every day and never tire of it - perfect for surrender series)
  • Man O' War, by Eric Bachmann (a huge hit with my students - thanks, Jennifer, for sharing this one with me)
  • Imagine + One, by Xiren (a beautiful fusion of Imagine by John Lennon and One by U2 - another huge hit with my students, and generously made available for download by CorePower Yoga)

3 comments:

  1. oooh, i haven't heard of most of these bands. a listening project, for whenever i can get around to it :)

    thanks so much! i'll definitely link to this post during my set list sequences week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Whitley song. Going to have to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome! :) I love these. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete