Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Yoga Playlist: A Marley Family Tribute

Spring weather always makes me want to listen to lots and lots of Bob Marley, so this year I created the following yoga playlist inspired by Bob and his kids.  Also, at this moment I am downloading the collaborative album by Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley & Nas that was released yesterday.  It's called Distant Relatives, and I've been waiting impatiently for its release since I saw them at Red Rocks last year.  I'll post a review in the next few days or so.

Update: You can listen to most of the below songs on Spotify by clicking here.

The Super Fabulous Marley Family Yoga Playlist:
  • "Gayatri Mantra" by Deva Premal
  • "No Woman, No Cry" by the Fugees
  • "Time of Your Song" by Matisyahu
  • "Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley
  • "The Traffic Jam" by Stephen Marley featuring Damian Marley (great for core work)
  • "See It No Other Way" by Slightly Stoopid
  • "Time Will Tell" by Bob Marley & The Wailers
  • "Turn Out the Light" by The New Amsterdams (for the slower part of the practice)
  • "More Than Life" by Whitley (again, slower)
  • "Road to Zion" by Damian Marley & Nas (you have to be careful with this one; some of Nas' lyrics might rub people the wrong way - I turn the volume down during that part)
  • "Hey Baby" by Stephen Marley featuring Mos Def (so far this is the only success I've had incorporating Mos Def into my yoga classes)
  • "Bottles & Bones (Shade and Sympathy)" by Califone
  • "No Woman, No Cry" by Xavier Rudd
  • "Hey World (Don't Give Up Version)" by Michael Franti & Spearhead

photo source

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to try some of these out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete