Sunday, January 8, 2012

Yoga Playlist: Sons of Anarchy-inspired

I've had many students ask me to send them the below playlist, so I thought I'd post it.  I watched seasons 1, 2, 3, and 4 of Sons of Anarchy in a span of just a few months, and I found myself a little obsessed with the music on the show. 

This playlist was merely inspired by the show; not all of these songs or artists have been featured on SOA.  Enjoy!

UpdateClick here to listen to most of the below songs on Spotify.

  • Gula Gula, by Mai Boine   
  • Blood Bank, by Bon Iver 
  • In the Future, by Bushwalla (I found this song via Weeds)
  • Crabbuckit, by K-OS
  • For You, by Matisyahu 
  • Girl from the North Country, by the Lions (it is impossible to get tired of this song)
  • I Can Breathe Again, by Baywood (I think we may be looking at a one-hit wonder here, but it's a good one)
  • Hey Mama, by Mat Kearney
  • Manhattan, by Kings of Leon 
  • Sorrow, by The National 
  • The Dream (feat. Senor Kaos), by Collective Efforts 
  • Head Full of Doubt / Road Full of Promise, by The Avett Brothers
  • Burn This Town, by Battleme
  • White Daisy Passing, by Rocky Votolato 
  • Where Dirt and Water Collide, by The White Buffalo 
  • Hey Hey, My My, by Battleme 
  • All My Days, by Alexi Murdoch

Other great songs played on the show (and there are many!) but maybe not so suitable for a yoga playlist:
  • Burn It Down, by AWOLNATION
  • Family, by Noah Gunderson
  • Coal War, by Joshua James
  • Mary, by Patty Griffin
  • Shiny Eyes, by Flatfoot 56
  • John the Revelator, by Curtis Stigers & The Forest Rangers

No comments:

Post a Comment