I've included links to each artist's website as well as the info I could find regarding their next live show. I'm sure I've gotten something wrong; please feel free to let me know if so.
- "Virginia May," by Gregory Alan Isakov - looks like he's opening for Brandi Carlile at Red Rocks this summer
- "Barefoot Friend," by Elephant Revival - find their tour info here
- "Customs," by Braddigan - no shows scheduled at this time, but you can sign up for his mailing list
- "Everything Is Alright," by Fierce Bad Rabbit - they've got several local shows coming up
- "Happy Ending" (feat. Angie Stevens ), by The Flash Mob - their next show is 3/23/12 at Casselman's
- "Ho Hey," by The Lumineers - I am in love with this band! - they're traveling now, back in Colorado in April, and then playing the Bluebird Theater on 5/11/12
- "Make a Noise," by Katie Herzig - she's on tour now, back in Denver in May
- "Airplane Mode," by the Flobots - I couldn't find any upcoming tour dates
- "Hunting Season," by The Epilogues - they're playing Denver's Gothic Theatre on 3/23/12
- "Runner," by The Yawpers - The Yawpers are one of my new favorites, and they've got several local shows planned
- "Early Spring Till," by Nathaniel Rateliff - also check out the band Born in the Flood (I especially love the song "Anthem") - looks like he's touring now and back in Denver in April
- "Bar Talk," by Take To The Oars - I so love their band name - they are also playing the Gothic on 3/23/12
- "City of Lights," by Air Dubai - they're traveling now, but playing the Denver Day of Rock on 5/26/12
- "Whiskey Rain (High Lonesome Mix)," by Angie Stevens - she's playing The Soiled Dove on 3/9/12 as part of her new collaboration, I'm With Her
- "Further to Fall," by Dan Craig - his FB page says he's playing every Thursday during March at Lost Lake
If you're wondering where some of the usual suspects are, I chose to put some of our more widely known local artists on my pre-class playlist.
I've put together a playlist on Spotify of some of my favorite songs by Colorado artists, including the above songs (when I could find them on Spotify). It's an ever-evolving list, as I'm always looking for bands to check out. Click here for that playlist. Also, you can listen to music on nearly every artist's webpage that I've linked to above.
Lastly, I must say a word about my beloved Railbenders. I tried really hard to include them on my yoga playlist, but it just wasn't working for the yoga class. My first priority has to be keeping my students in their yoga practice. (I did include Angie Stevens' version of "Whiskey Rain," which is excellent, though much sadder-sounding than the original.) Anyway, if you haven't seen these guys live, you should check them out. They are a BLAST. They are playing at the Soiled Dove on 3/31/12, and they're also on the line-up for the Denver Day of Rock.